Created and taught in English by Ann-Marie McKelvey, LPCC, MCC
ICF Master Certified Coach and Registered Mentor Coach
Buddhist Chaplain • Psychotherapist • EMDR Consultant
It’s an exciting time to be alive — a time that requires Co-Active Communication.
This class is about much more than improving your communication skills. It’s about living and coaching in an environment that cultivates compassion and love, while nurturing the internal and external realities of yourself and your clients.
We will practice transforming conditioned beliefs and behaviors that no longer serve us. New ideas and ways of thinking will emerge as we let go of these outdated beliefs. Through this lens, the coaching client is viewed as being creative, resourceful, and whole. Co-Active Communication encourages the action-oriented language of Positive Psychology to help clients live their fullest potential and contribute to the global community.
It’s a little embarrassing
that after 45 years of research and study,
the best advice I can give people
is to be a little kinder to each other.
~ Aldous Huxley
• Discover & experience the importance of mindfulness in Co-Active Communication
• Study & practice the four components of Non-Violent Communication
• Discover & learn how Self-Connection is the foundation of meeting Needs
• Identify & understand the expression of Unmet Needs through the lens of coaching
• Learn how to cultivate and embrace connection, courage, resilience & kindness
• Investigate alienating communication and the ways disconnection happens
• Learn to distinguish cultural & programmed needs from authentic needs
• Investigate & transform enemy images
• Learn the importance of noticing, connecting, and responding with self and others
• Learn how to reframe life stories to enhance, cultivate, and live with strong back & soft belly
• Learn how to apply simple, powerful and effective communication skills with coaching clients
Optional Practice Group: This class will offer an optional practice group outside of regularly scheduled class hours. The practice group will be facilitated by one of our senior students or faculty members, and is intended to allow for deeper investigation of materials presented in class.
Purchasing your books through our website will endow a portion of the amount paid to support student scholarships and the growth of our global community. Follow links below or visit our Bookstore to purchase through our Amazon Affiliate account. Thank you for your generosity!
• Nonviolent Communication: A Language of Life by Marshal Rosenberg, PhD.
• Rising Strong: The Reckoning. The Rumble. The Revolution. by Brene Brown, PhD, LMSW
• Mindset: The New Psychology of Success by Carol Dweck, PhD
Contact Hours: 12 hours over 8 sessions
Where: Anywhere! Connect via phone or computer.
Tuition: $675 OR 2 payments of $347.50
ICF Core Competencies/CCEs: 12
Optional: 12 EMDRIA CEUs and/or Counseling CEUs via New Mexico Counseling and Therapy Practice Board
Upcoming Schedule –
Dates: Mondays, January 8 – February 26, 2018
Time: 2:00 – 3:30pm Mountain Time — See your time zone
Dates: Mondays, June 11 – July 30
Time: 2:00 – 3:30pm Mountain – See Your Time Zone
As a core class, Co-Active Communication is a required course for any level of credentialing through the Mindfulness Coaching School. It is offered three times per year, and is limited to 12 students. This class is ICF approved for CCEs and is part of the ICF ACSTH program. Ann-Marie is also a CEU Provider through the State of New Mexico, and offers optional counseling CEUs.
ICF CCEs are included with tuition.
Optional Counseling CEUs are non-refundable and non-transferrable.
To qualify for CCEs, CEUs and/or Class Credits toward Credentialing
You MUST attend 80% of the required, live class contact hours and complete a Course Evaluation Questionnaire in order to receive credit and/or CCEs or CEUs for the course. Students will be asked to indicate presence at the start and close of each class. Make-ups are not possible. We cannot provide CCEs, CEUs or a Certificate of Completion to anyone who does not attend the minimum number of class hours required.
Note Regarding State Boards
Ann-Marie is a CEU Provider through the state of New Mexico. It has been our experience that most state boards accept CEUs from the New Mexico Counseling and Therapy Practice Board. It is up to the individual participant to verify acceptance with their state board.
Course Withdrawal & Refund Policy
• 15 or more days prior to the start of class: Mindfulness Coaching School retains a $100.00 fee for all cancellations.
• 14-8 days prior to the start of class: Mindfulness Coaching School retains a $150.00 fee for all cancellations.
• 7-3 days prior to the start of class: Mindfulness Coaching School retains half of class tuition.
• 2 days or less prior to the start of class: Mindfulness Coaching School retains all of class tuition.
• Optional counseling CEUs are non-refundable and non-transferrable.