Writing is one of the most powerful practices of attention we have as human beings. As with mindfulness practice, the practice of writing deepens our self-awareness, allows exploration of our consciousness, trains our attention to what is most alive in and around us, and cultivates the fullest and most creative expression of ourselves. When combined together, the power of coaching, writing and mindfulness practices open up new realms of creative possibility in our lives and those of our clients.
Join this exciting eight-week course and explore your inner and outer creativity through the practices of writing, mindfulness, and coaching. We will practice writing as a path of personal exploration, and as a means to engage your coaching clients in a more creative and mindful way. Class and individual exercises will inspire our innate creativity and intuition and will deepen our awareness of what’s possible. Sessions will include periods of dynamic mindfulness practices, innovative writing exercises, readings, Q&A, sharing, discussion and coaching demonstrations.
- Discover or cultivate a writing practice for deepening awareness and expanding expression
- Explore writing practice as an extension of meditation and other mindfulness practices
- Integrate written exploration, expression, and processes into coaching with clients
- Write!…using innovative writing prompts, specific techniques and practices
- Play with ways to break free from writing blocks
- Access deeper levels of creativity and awareness through on-going mindfulness practice
- Understand the deeper connection between creativity and consciousness
- Cultivate a mindful writing practice for yourself and your coaching clients
- Use somatic wisdom to connect with what’s true for you
Contact Hours: 12 hours over 8 sessions
Where: Anywhere! Connect via phone or Zoom on your computer.
ICF Core Competencies/CCEs: 12
Writing, Creativity and The Mindful Coach is part of Mindfulness Coaching School’s ICF Approved Coaching Training Program (ACTP).
To qualify for CCEs, CEUs and/or Class Credits toward Credentialing
You MUST attend 80% of the required, live class contact hours and complete a Course Evaluation Questionnaire in order to receive credit and/or CCEs or CEUs for the course. Students will be asked to indicate presence at the start and close of each class. Make-ups are not possible. We cannot provide CCEs, CEUs or a Certificate of Completion to anyone who does not attend the minimum number of class hours required.
Note Regarding State Boards
Ann-Marie is a CEU Provider through the state of New Mexico. It has been our experience that most state boards accept CEUs from the New Mexico Counseling and Therapy Practice Board. It is up to the individual participant to verify acceptance with their state board.
Course Withdrawal & Refund Policy
We are committed to running a healthy and efficient school and to keeping tuition costs low for our students. Last-minute cancellations and transfers are very costly for us – significant staff time must be redirected, preparatory materials changed, and budget altered. As a courtesy to us and to your fellow students who may be on the waiting list, please submit your cancellation requests at least two weeks before the start of class. Our course withdrawal policy is as follows:
• More than 14 days prior to the start of class: Mindfulness Coaching School retains a $150.00 fee for all cancellations.
• 8 – 14 days prior to the start of class: Mindfulness Coaching School retains half of class tuition.
• 7 days or less prior to the start of class: Mindfulness Coaching School retains all of class tuition.
• Optional Counseling and/or EMDRIA CEUs are non-refundable and non-transferable.
Internal Transfer Fee
A $100.00 fee will be charged for transferring your registration and payment from one MCS course to another.