Created and taught in English by:
Ann-Marie McKelvey, LPCC, MCC
ICF Master Certified Coach and Registered Mentor Coach
Buddhist Chaplain • Psychotherapist • EMDR Consultant
Offers 12 ICF Core Competency CCEs
Based on the work of Dr. Mary Ann Iyer and the teaching of Dr. Rhonda Simpson
This class is rich. Delicious. Ripe with juicy work! You can already begin to see how much food and our relationship to it finds its way into the rest of our lives… Our relationship with food and nourishment is one of the most central aspects of our being in the world.
Through bringing more awareness to our relationships with food, eating, and nourishment we can help our clients (and ourselves) unpack layers of beliefs, as they manifest through our eating habits, and see to the core of difficulties in our lives as a whole.
This class gives us an opportunity to examine our eating habits and the ways we relate to ourselves and to nourishment, as we learn how to go deeper in our queries and coaching with our clients. Meditation, reflection, and discussion will be part of each class module.
- Examine deep beliefs that uphold our eating habits
- Unpack our current style of “nourishment”
- Apply principles of effective nourishment
- Use metaphors to see how we digest life (or don’t)
- Using these approaches in coaching sessions
REQUIRED TEXTS + MATERIALS
Purchasing your books through our website will endow a portion of the amount paid to support student scholarships and the growth of our global community. Follow links below or visit our Bookstore to purchase through our Amazon Affiliate account. Thank you for your generosity!
• Mindful Eating: Mindful Life, How to Change the Habits That Sabotage Your Life – by Mary Ann Wallace (Iyer), MD
• Personal Journal for self-exploration exercises
• The HeartMath Solution: The Institute of HeartMath’s Revolutionary Program for Engaging the Power of the Heart’s Intelligence – by Doc Lew Childre, Howard Martin, and Donna Beach
• How To Eat – by Thich Nhat Hanh
Contact Hours: 12 hours over 8 sessions
Where: Anywhere! Connect via phone or computer.
ICF Core Competencies/CCEs: 12
Mindful Eating: Mindful Life is a required course for becoming a certified Mindfulness, Wellness & Somatic Coach through MCS. This class is ICF approved for CCEs and is part of our ICF ACTP (Accredited Coaching Training Program).
Mindful Eating, Mindful Life is all about nourishment, energy, savoring and throwing away what doesn’t work for us in life. The course unfolds deep mindfulness about moments in time, decisions, weighing options, filling the void and emptying way beyond food.
MCC interview with Dr. Mary Ann Iyer
Mindful Eating: Mindful Life is more than just about food. It’s about our emotional responses to trauma and how we cope with them. The class was extremely beneficial and was a growing experience that will be a part of me the rest of my life.
To qualify for CCEs, CEUs and/or Class Credits toward Credentialing
You MUST attend 80% of the required, live class contact hours and complete a Course Evaluation Questionnaire in order to receive credit and/or CCEs or CEUs for the course. Students will be asked to indicate presence at the start and close of each class. Make-ups are not possible. We cannot provide CCEs, CEUs or a Certificate of Completion to anyone who does not attend the minimum number of class hours required.
Note Regarding State Boards
Ann-Marie is a CEU Provider through the state of New Mexico. It has been our experience that most state boards accept CEUs from the New Mexico Counseling and Therapy Practice Board. It is up to the individual participant to verify acceptance with their state board.
Course Withdrawal & Refund Policy
We are committed to running a healthy and efficient school and to keeping tuition costs low for our students. Last-minute cancellations and transfers are very costly for us – significant staff time must be redirected, preparatory materials changed, and budget altered. As a courtesy to us and to your fellow students who may be on the waiting list, please submit your cancellation requests at least two weeks before the start of class. Our course withdrawal policy is as follows:
• More than 14 days prior to the start of class: Mindfulness Coaching School retains a $150.00 fee for all cancellations.
• 8 – 14 days prior to the start of class: Mindfulness Coaching School retains half of class tuition.
• 7 days or less prior to the start of class: Mindfulness Coaching School retains all of class tuition.
• Optional Counseling and/or EMDRIA CEUs are non-refundable and non-transferable.
Internal Transfer Fee
A $100.00 fee will be charged for transferring your registration and payment from one MCS course to another.