It’s an exciting time to be alive — a time that requires listening deeply and speaking our truth.
This class is about much more than improving your communication skills. It’s about living and coaching in an environment that cultivates connection, courage, resilience, and kindness. It is about bringing compassion to the internal and external realities of yourself (and your clients).
We will practice transforming conditioned beliefs and behaviors that no longer serve us. As we let go of these outdated beliefs, new ideas and ways of thinking will emerge. Through the lens of coaching, the client is always viewed as being creative, resourceful, and whole. Right Speech encourages the action-oriented language of Positive Psychology to help clients live their fullest potential.
• Discover & experience the importance of mindfulness in communication
• Study & practice the four components of Non-Violent Communication
• Discover & learn how Self-Connection is the foundation of meeting Needs
• Identify & understand the expression of Unmet Needs through the lens of coaching
• Learn how to cultivate and embrace connection, courage, resilience & kindness
• Investigate alienating communication and the ways disconnection happens
• Learn to distinguish cultural & programmed needs from authentic needs
• Investigate & transform enemy images
• Learn the importance of noticing, connecting, and responding with self and others
• Learn how to reframe life stories to enhance, cultivate, and live with strong back & soft belly
• Learn how to apply simple, powerful and effective communication skills with coaching clients
Contact Hours: 12 hours over 8 sessions
Where: Anywhere! Connect via phone or computer.
ICF Core Competencies/CCEs: 12
Purchasing your books through our website will endow a portion of the amount paid to support student scholarships and the growth of our global community. Follow links below or visit our Bookstore to purchase through our Amazon Affiliate account. Thank you for your generosity!
• Co-Active Coaching: New Skills for Coaching People Toward Success – Laura Whitworth
• Nonviolent Communication: A Language of Life – Marshal Rosenberg, PhD.
• Rising Strong: The Reckoning. The Rumble. The Revolution. – Brene Brown, PhD, LMSW
• Self-Compassion: The Proven Power of Being Kind to Yourself – Kristin Neff
As a core class, Right Speech: Listening Deeply, Speaking Truth is a required course for any level of credentialing or certification through Mindfulness Coaching School. This class is ICF approved for CCEs and is part of our ICF Approved Coaching Training Program (ACTP).
It’s a little embarrassing that after 45 years of research and study, the best advice I can give people is to be a little kinder to each other.
What Students Are Saying
[Right Speech] highly resonated with me and my current needs for growth. I cannot be more thankful for the support of this community, and our instructor Meg…With the guidance and support of the Mindfulness Coaching School I can see that I am closer to a life of purpose and meaning. Thank you Ann-Marie, instructors and fellow coaching students for creating this wonderful community.
Right Speech with Meg Hess is a wonderful class. I am grateful for the many communication tools I learned through the course. Meg, as an instructor, brings uplifting energy to the class, keeping the discussions engaging and memorable.
Right Speech with Meg [Hess, PCC, D. Min] is a wonderful class. I am grateful for the many communication tools I learned throughout the course. Meg as an instructor brings uplifting energy to the class, keeping the discussions engaging and memorable
Right Speech: So worth my time. I learned more about how I communicate with myself and others in 8 weeks than many books I’ve read in the past. Thank you!!!
Right Speech is a critical prerequisite to helping all conversations in life unfold with clarity and understanding. I wish something like this were taught to all students in our early K-12. Just imagine how the world would improve!
This class [Right Speech] was an eye-opener in showing me new levels of what empathy and compassion can do to make us feel more connected and loved. I’ve improved the way I communicate with others and everything I learned has benefited my clients immensely too.
When I initially signed up for Right Speech, I was skeptical that my communication skills could be improved by reading a couple of books and participating in a couple of class exercises but I was wrong. This class has drastically improved the way I communicate on a personal and professional level. I now have a full toolbox of techniques to better communicate with co-workers, family members, and practically anyone. The skills that I have learned have help me to improve relationships, facilitate meetings, and interact with others more effectively. I would recommend this course to anyone wanting to learn how to better communicate.
Taking Right Speech with Meg was an inspirational journey. Her expertise, kindness, strength, and dedication to the class and the students came through so fully. I came away seeing that coaching is not just helping people set goals and move towards them, but also has the potential to be a sacred container where people wake up and see their true essence and their gifts and can develop the confidence to bring their dreams to fruition. Very powerful!
This class [Right Speech] didn’t just help me with my communication skills, it also helped me with the parts of me that struggle with stories, perceptions, and judgments that all affected my communication before I even had a chance to speak. I walked away from this class with tools I can use in my coaching practice as well as my personal life. Highly recommend this course!
I highly recommend this class [Right Speech]. It’s an in-depth study into the forms of communication we engage in with ourselves and others!
To qualify for CCEs, CEUs and/or Class Credits toward Credentialing
You MUST attend 80% of the required, live class contact hours and complete a Course Evaluation Questionnaire in order to receive credit and/or CCEs or CEUs for the course. Students will be asked to indicate presence at the start and close of each class. Make-ups are not possible. We cannot provide CCEs, CEUs or a Certificate of Completion to anyone who does not attend the minimum number of class hours required.
Course Withdrawal & Refund Policy
We are committed to running a healthy and efficient school and to keeping tuition costs low for our students. Last-minute cancellations and transfers are very costly for us – significant staff time must be redirected, preparatory materials changed, and budget altered. As a courtesy to us and to your fellow students who may be on the waiting list, please submit your cancellation requests at least two weeks before the start of class. Our course withdrawal policy is as follows:
• More than 14 days prior to the start of class: Mindfulness Coaching School retains a $150.00 fee for all cancellations.
• 8 – 14 days prior to the start of class: Mindfulness Coaching School retains half of class tuition.
• 7 days or less prior to the start of class: Mindfulness Coaching School retains all of class tuition.
• Optional Counseling and/or EMDRIA CEUs are non-refundable and non-transferable.
Internal Transfer Fee
A $100.00 fee will be charged for transferring your registration and payment from one MCS course to another.