How we talk about leadership, learn to lead, are chosen to lead, and the environment in which we lead are all constantly changing. No year has demonstrated that more clearly than 2020. And even when that evolution is necessary, it may leave us feeling flummoxed.
In this course, leaders, aspiring leaders, and those who coach leaders will explore concepts of leadership that promote positive, equitable, sustainable cultures even as the climate around an organization may be shifting. Using an approach to leadership rooted in emotional intelligence and equity, participants will collaborate to develop leadership strategies that utilize applicable coaching competencies.
Participants collaborate in mini-workshops to discuss:
• evolving leadership models
• emotional intelligence in leadership
• diversity and inclusion
• coaching strategies for effective leadership
• how coaching promotes and sustains positive culture
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
• Organizational and community leaders
• Aspiring leaders in your respective fields
• Coaches who support leaders and leadership candidates
• Explore leadership theories that utilize coaching competencies
• Determine the role coaching practices can play in effective leadership
• Practice coaching basics that can be applied in leadership positions
• Practice strategies of empathy and engagement that encourage cooperation and positive culture in diverse organizational spaces
Contact Hours: 12 hours
Where: Anywhere! Connect via phone or computer with Zoom.
ICF CCEs: 12 (Pending)
• Moral Leadership: Integrity, Courage, Imagination by Robert Michael Franklin
• HBR’s 10 Must Reads on Emotional Intelligence by Harvard Business Review
• Other reading excerpts will be provided in advance of the course
Dr. Kristin Moody’s areas of scholarship and practice are focused on the role of empathy in effective leadership and diversity in effective organizational cultures. She holds professorships at the University of Southern California Rossier School of Education and Morehouse College Andrew Young Center for Global Leadership, and has coached hundreds of educators, board chairs, CEOs, and executive directors to be more authentic and empathetic leaders driving values-based organizations.
To qualify for CCEs, CEUs and/or Class Credits toward Credentialing
You MUST attend 80% of the required, live class contact hours and complete a Course Evaluation Questionnaire in order to receive credit and/or CCEs or CEUs for the course. Students will be asked to indicate presence at the start and close of each class. Make-ups are not possible. We cannot provide CCEs, CEUs or a Certificate of Completion to anyone who does not attend the minimum number of class hours required.
Course Withdrawal & Refund Policy
We are committed to running a healthy and efficient school and to keeping tuition costs low for our students. Last-minute cancellations and transfers are very costly for us – significant staff time must be redirected, preparatory materials changed, and budget altered. As a courtesy to us and to your fellow students who may be on the waiting list, please submit your cancellation requests at least two weeks before the start of class. Our course withdrawal policy is as follows:
• More than 14 days prior to the start of class: Mindfulness Coaching School retains a $150.00 fee for all cancellations.
• 8 – 14 days prior to the start of class: Mindfulness Coaching School retains half of class tuition.
• 7 days or less prior to the start of class: Mindfulness Coaching School retains all of class tuition.
• Optional Counseling and/or EMDRIA CEUs are non-refundable and non-transferable.
Internal Transfer Fee
A $100.00 fee will be charged for transferring your registration and payment from one MCS course to another.