Created and taught in English by Ann-Marie McKelvey, LPCC, MCC
ICF Master Certified Coach and Registered Mentor Coach
Buddhist Chaplain • Psychotherapist • EMDR Consultant
This class is designed to help student coaches, credentialed coaches, psychotherapists, and other professionals explore and utilize mindfulness in their personal and professional lives.
Ann-Marie will provide meditation and coaching instruction, as she shares traditional and hybrid meditation, mindfulness, and loving-kindness methods.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
• Anyone who has a mind!
• Anyone who has never meditated, used to meditate, or is currently meditating
• Anyone who experiences stress
• Anyone interested in enhancing their coaching intuition, well-being, and world view
• Anyone who has clients resembling any of the above
*Please note: Prior experience with meditation or mindfulness practices is not a prerequisite.
• Customize and cultivate your own Coaching & Meditation Toolbox
• Techniques to awaken & stabilize your deepest wisdom in the midst of our ever-changing world
• You will learn how to customize and cultivate your own Meditation Practice. You will create a Meditation Toolbox and Meditation Journal
• You will learn how to work with burnout, empathy fatigue and appropriate self-care.
• How to offer these techniques to clients, while utilizing engaged mindfulness during the coaching session
Contact Hours: 12 hours over 8 sessions
Where: Virtual – connect via phone or computer
Tuition: $675 or 2 payments of $347.50
ICF Core Competencies/CCEs: 12
Optional CEUs: 12 Counseling CEUs from the New Mexico Counseling and Therapy Practice Board
Optional Weekly Practice Group: This class will offer an optional Weekly Practice Group outside of regularly scheduled class hours.
Purchasing your books through our website will endow a portion of the amount paid to support student scholarships and the growth of our global community. Click on the links below or visit our Bookstore to purchase from our Amazon Affiliate account. Thank you for your generosity.
• Why Meditate? Working with Thoughts and Emotions by Mattieu Ricard
• The Mind’s Own Physician: A Scientific Dialogue with the Dalai Lama on the Healing Power of Meditation by Richie Davidson & John Kabat-Zinn
• Most Intimate: A Zen Approach to Life’s Challenges by Roshi Pat Enkyo O’Hara
As a core class, The Art of Engaged Mindfulness is a required course for any level of credentialing through the Mindfulness Coaching School. It is offered three times per year, and is limited to 12 students. This class is ICF approved for CCEs and is part of the ICF ACSTH program. Ann-Marie is also a CEU Provider through the State of New Mexico, and offers optional counseling CEUs.
Upcoming Schedule –
ICF CCEs are included with tuition.
Optional Counseling CEUs are non-refundable and non-transferrable.
To qualify for CCEs, CEUs and/or Class Credits toward Credentialing
You MUST attend 80% of the required, live class contact hours and complete a Course Evaluation Questionnaire in order to receive credit and/or CCEs or CEUs for the course. Students will be asked to indicate presence at the start and close of each class. Make-ups are not possible. We cannot provide CCEs, CEUs or a Certificate of Completion to anyone who does not attend the minimum number of class hours required.
Note Regarding State Boards
Ann-Marie is a CEU Provider through the state of New Mexico. It has been our experience that most state boards accept CEUs from the New Mexico Counseling and Therapy Practice Board. It is up to the individual participant to verify acceptance with their state board.
Course Withdrawal & Refund Policy
• 15 or more days prior to the start of class: Mindfulness Coaching School retains a $100.00 fee for all cancellations.
• 14-8 days prior to the start of class: Mindfulness Coaching School retains a $150.00 fee for all cancellations.
• 7-3 days prior to the start of class: Mindfulness Coaching School retains half of class tuition paid.
• 2 days or less prior to the start of class: Mindfulness Coaching School retains all tuition paid.
• Optional counseling CEUs are non-refundable and non-transferrable.