Created and taught in English by:
Ann-Marie McKelvey, LPCC, MCC
ICF Master Certified Coach and Registered Mentor Coach
Buddhist Chaplain • Psychotherapist • EMDR Consultant
Offering 12 ICF CCEs and 12 Optional Counseling CEUs
This class is designed to help student coaches, credentialed coaches, psychotherapists, and other professionals explore and utilize mindfulness in their personal and professional lives.
Ann-Marie will provide meditation and coaching instruction, as she shares traditional and hybrid meditation, mindfulness, and loving-kindness methods.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
• Has a mind!
• Has never meditated, used to meditate, or is currently meditating
• Experiences stress
• Is interested in enhancing their coaching intuition, well-being, and world view
• Has clients resembling any of the above
Prior experience with meditation or mindfulness practices is not a prerequisite.
• Customize and cultivate your own Coaching & Meditation Toolbox
• Techniques to awaken & stabilize your deepest wisdom in the midst of our ever-changing world
• You will learn how to customize and cultivate your own Meditation Practice. You will create a Meditation Toolbox and Meditation Journal
• You will learn how to work with burnout, empathy fatigue and appropriate self-care.
• How to offer these techniques to clients, while utilizing engaged mindfulness during the coaching session
Purchasing your books through our website will endow a portion of the amount paid to support student scholarships and the growth of our global community. Follow links below or visit our Bookstore to purchase through our Amazon Affiliate account. Thank you for your generosity!
• Altered Traits: Science Reveals How Meditation Changes Your Mind, Brain, and Body – by Daniel Goleman and Richard J. Davidson
• The Mind’s Own Physician: A Scientific Dialogue with the Dalai Lama on the Healing Power of Meditation – by Zara Houshmand, Richie Davidson, and John Kabat-Zinn
• Welcoming the Unwelcome – by Pema Chodron
• Mindset: The New Psychology of Success – by Carol Dweck, PhD.
Contact Hours: 12 hours over 8 sessions
Where: Anywhere! Connect via phone or computer.
ICF Core Competencies/CCEs: 12
Optional: 12 Counseling CEUs via New Mexico Counseling and Therapy Practice Board
The Art of Engaged Mindfulness: Settling The Mind for Intuition to Emerge is required for any level of credentialing or certification through Mindfulness Coaching School. This class is ICF approved for CCEs and is part of our ICF Approved Coaching Training Program (ACTP). Ann-Marie is a CEU Provider through the State of New Mexico and offers optional counseling CEUs.
To qualify for CCEs, CEUs and/or Class Credits toward Credentialing
You MUST attend 80% of the required, live class contact hours and complete a Course Evaluation Questionnaire in order to receive credit and/or CCEs or CEUs for the course. Students will be asked to indicate presence at the start and close of each class. Make-ups are not possible. We cannot provide CCEs, CEUs or a Certificate of Completion to anyone who does not attend the minimum number of class hours required.
Note Regarding State Boards
Ann-Marie is a CEU Provider through the state of New Mexico. It has been our experience that most state boards accept CEUs from the New Mexico Counseling and Therapy Practice Board. It is up to the individual participant to verify acceptance with their state board.
Course Withdrawal & Refund Policy
We are committed to running a healthy and efficient school and to keeping tuition costs low for our students. Last-minute cancellations and transfers are very costly for us – significant staff time must be redirected, preparatory materials changed, and budget altered. As a courtesy to us and to your fellow students who may be on the waiting list, please submit your cancellation requests at least two weeks before the start of class. Our course withdrawal policy is as follows:
• More than 14 days prior to the start of class: Mindfulness Coaching School retains a $150.00 fee for all cancellations.
• 8 – 14 days prior to the start of class: Mindfulness Coaching School retains half of class tuition.
• 7 days or less prior to the start of class: Mindfulness Coaching School retains all of class tuition.
• Optional Counseling and/or EMDRIA CEUs are non-refundable and non-transferable.
Internal Transfer Fee
A $100.00 fee will be charged for transferring your registration and payment from one MCS course to another.