Created and taught in English by Mary Ann Iyer, MD Internist
& Ann-Marie McKelvey, LPCC, MCC
Get ready! Mary Ann and Ann-Marie are a Dynamic Duo! They first met at Ann-Marie’s Hermitage Retreat in Santa Fe, where Mary Ann was a guest for three weeks. It’s been laughter, ah-ha’s and deep learning ever since. They’re excited to share this fusion of mindfulness, coaching, and nourishment with you.
Our relationship with food and eating is one of the most primal aspects of our functioning in the world. Helping clients (and ourselves) unpack the nuanced layers of beliefs they hold as displayed through their eating habits often cuts to the core of other stuck places in their lives as a whole. This class gives us the opportunity to examine our own maladaptive (and adaptive!) eating habits even as we learn how to go deeper in our queries and coaching with our clients. Observed coaching sessions will be a part of each class.
• Examine the closets of beliefs that uphold eating habits
• Unpack the threads of history that lead to our current style of “nourishment”
• Debunk discipline, control, and punishment (a.k.a. “diets”) as effective forms of nourishment or change
• Apply principles of effective nourishment to meet emotional and physical needs
• Learn techniques to question and reformat that which is no longer (and maybe never was) true or applicable in our lives now
• Learn – and practice – these techniques in coaching sessions
For an introduction to the topic of Mindful Eating, listen to the December 2016 Mindfulness Coaching Call with Dr. Mary Ann Iyer below.
Contact Hours: 12 hours over 8 sessions
Where: Anywhere you choose to be. Connect via phone or computer.
Tuition: $675.00 or two payments of $347.50
ICF Core Competencies/CCEs: 12
Optional CEUs: 12 Counseling CEUs from the New Mexico Counseling and Therapy Practice Board
Optional Practice Group: This class will offer an optional practice group outside of regularly scheduled class hours. The practice group will be facilitated by one of our senior students or faculty members, and is intended to allow for deeper investigation of materials presented in class.
REQUIRED TEXTS & MATERIALS:
Purchasing your books through our website will endow a portion of the amount paid to support student scholarships and the growth of our global community. Click on the links below or visit our Bookstore to purchase from our Amazon Affiliate account. Thank you for your generosity.
*Note: Dr. Mary Ann Iyer’s author name is Mary Ann Wallace, MD on Amazon.
• Mindful Eating: Mindful Life, How to Change the Habits That Sabotage Your Life by Mary Ann Wallace (Iyer), MD
• Personal Journal for self-exploration exercises
Mindful Eating: Mindful Life is part of the Mindfulness Coaching School curriculum to become a credentialed coach, and is a required course for becoming a certified Mindfulness & Wellness Coach. This class is ICF approved for CCEs and is part of the ICF ACSTH program. Ann-Marie is also a CEU Provider through the State of New Mexico, and offers optional counseling CEUs.
Upcoming Schedule –
Dates: Wednesdays, September 27 – November 15, 2017
Time: 11:00am – 12:30pm MST — See your time zone
ICF CCEs are included with tuition.
Optional Counseling CEUs are non-refundable and non-transferrable.
To qualify for CCEs, CEUs and/or Class Credits toward Credentialing
You MUST attend 80% of the required, live class contact hours and complete a Course Evaluation Questionnaire in order to receive credit and/or CCEs or CEUs for the course. Students will be asked to indicate presence at the start and close of each class. Make-ups are not possible. We cannot provide CCEs, CEUs or a Certificate of Completion to anyone who does not attend the minimum number of class hours required.
Note Regarding State Boards
Ann-Marie is a CEU Provider through the state of New Mexico. It has been our experience that most state boards accept CEUs from the New Mexico Counseling and Therapy Practice Board. It is up to the individual participant to verify acceptance with their state board.
Course Withdrawal & Refund Policy
• 15 or more days prior to the start of class: Mindfulness Coaching School retains a $100.00 fee for all cancellations.
• 14-8 days prior to the start of class: Mindfulness Coaching School retains a $150.00 fee for all cancellations.
• 7-3 days prior to the start of class: Mindfulness Coaching School retains half of class tuition paid.
• 2 days or less prior to the start of class: Mindfulness Coaching School retains all tuition paid.
• Optional counseling CEUs are non-refundable and non-transferrable.