Created and taught in English by Rhonda Simpson, MD
& Brittany Wildfong, ACC
Our relationship with food and eating is one of the most primal aspects of our functioning in the world. Helping clients (and ourselves) unpack the nuanced layers of beliefs they hold as displayed through their eating habits often cuts to the core of other stuck places in their lives as a whole. This class gives us the opportunity to examine our own maladaptive (and adaptive!) eating habits even as we learn how to go deeper in our queries and coaching with our clients. Observed coaching sessions will be a part of each class.
• Examine the closets of beliefs that uphold eating habits
• Unpack the threads of history that lead to our current style of “nourishment”
• Debunk discipline, control, and punishment (a.k.a. “diets”) as effective forms of nourishment or change
• Apply principles of effective nourishment to meet emotional and physical needs
• Learn techniques to question and reformat that which is no longer (and maybe never was) true or applicable in our lives now
• Learn – and practice – these techniques in coaching sessions
For an introduction to the topic of Mindful Eating, listen to the December 2016 Mindfulness Coaching Call with Dr. Mary Ann Iyer below.
REQUIRED TEXTS & MATERIALS
Purchasing your books through our website will endow a portion of the amount paid to support student scholarships and the growth of our global community. Follow links below or visit our Bookstore to purchase through our Amazon Affiliate account. Thank you for your generosity!
• Mindful Eating: Mindful Life, How to Change the Habits That Sabotage Your Life by Mary Ann Wallace (Iyer), MD
• Personal Journal for self-exploration exercises
The HeartMath Solution: The Institute of HeartMath’s Revolutionary Program for Engaging the Power of the Heart’s Intelligence by Doc Lew Childre, Howard Martin, and Donna Beach
Contact Hours: 12 hours over 8 sessions
Where: Anywhere! Connect via phone or computer.
Tuition: $675 OR 2 payments of $347.50
ICF Core Competencies/CCEs: 12
Optional: 12 EMDRIA CEUs and/or Counseling CEUs via New Mexico Counseling and Therapy Practice Board
Dates: Wednesdays, September 27 – November 15, 2017
Time: 11:00am – 12:30pm Mountain — See your time zone
Dates: Wednesdays, September 12 – October 31
Time: 2:00 – 3:30pm Mountain – See Your Time Zone
Mindful Eating: Mindful Life is part of the Mindfulness Coaching School curriculum to become a credentialed coach, and is a required course for becoming a certified Mindfulness, Wellness & Somatic Coach. This class is ICF approved for CCEs and is part of the ICF ACSTH program. Ann-Marie is also a CEU Provider through the State of New Mexico, and offers optional counseling CEUs.
ICF CCEs are included with tuition.
Optional Counseling CEUs are non-refundable and non-transferrable.
To qualify for CCEs, CEUs and/or Class Credits toward Credentialing
You MUST attend 80% of the required, live class contact hours and complete a Course Evaluation Questionnaire in order to receive credit and/or CCEs or CEUs for the course. Students will be asked to indicate presence at the start and close of each class. Make-ups are not possible. We cannot provide CCEs, CEUs or a Certificate of Completion to anyone who does not attend the minimum number of class hours required.
Note Regarding State Boards
Ann-Marie is a CEU Provider through the state of New Mexico. It has been our experience that most state boards accept CEUs from the New Mexico Counseling and Therapy Practice Board. It is up to the individual participant to verify acceptance with their state board.
Course Withdrawal & Refund Policy
• 15 or more days prior to the start of class: Mindfulness Coaching School retains a $100.00 fee for all cancellations.
• 14-8 days prior to the start of class: Mindfulness Coaching School retains a $150.00 fee for all cancellations.
• 7-3 days prior to the start of class: Mindfulness Coaching School retains half of class tuition.
• 2 days or less prior to the start of class: Mindfulness Coaching School retains all of class tuition.
• Optional counseling CEUs are non-refundable and non-transferrable.