Based on the work of Dr. Mary Ann Iyer and the teaching of Dr. Rhonda Simpson
This class is rich. Delicious. Ripe with juicy work! You can already begin to see how much food and our relationship to it finds its way into the rest of our lives… Our relationship with food and nourishment is one of the most central aspects of our being in the world.
Through bringing more awareness to our relationships with food, eating, and nourishment we can help our clients (and ourselves) unpack layers of beliefs, as they manifest through our eating habits, and see to the core of difficulties in our lives as a whole.
This class gives us an opportunity to examine our eating habits and the ways we relate to ourselves and to nourishment, as we learn how to go deeper in our queries and coaching with our clients. Meditation, reflection, and discussion will be part of each class module.
- Examine deep beliefs that uphold our eating habits
- Unpack our current style of “nourishment”
- Apply principles of effective nourishment
- Use metaphors to see how we digest life (or don’t)
- Using these approaches in coaching sessions
Contact Hours: 12 hours over 8 sessions
Where: Anywhere! Connect via phone or computer.
Tuition: $675 OR 2 payments of $347.50
ICF Core Competencies/CCEs: 12
Mindful Eating: Mindful Life is a required course for becoming a certified Mindfulness, Wellness & Somatic Coach through MCS. This class is ICF approved for CCEs and is part of our ICF ACTP (Accredited Coaching Training Program).
REQUIRED TEXTS + MATERIALS
Purchasing your books through our website will endow a portion of the amount paid to support student scholarships and the growth of our global community. Follow links below or visit our Bookstore to purchase through our Amazon Affiliate account. Thank you for your generosity!
• Mindful Eating: Mindful Life, How to Change the Habits That Sabotage Your Life by Mary Ann Wallace (Iyer), MD
• Personal Journal for self-exploration exercises
Recommended Text: The HeartMath Solution: The Institute of HeartMath’s Revolutionary Program for Engaging the Power of the Heart’s Intelligence by Doc Lew Childre, Howard Martin, and Donna Beach
Dates: Fridays, March 15 – May 3, 2019
Time: 9:00 – 10:30 am US Mountain Time
See Your Timezone
MCC interview with Dr. Mary Ann Iyer
To qualify for CCEs, CEUs and/or Class Credits toward Credentialing
You MUST attend 80% of the required, live class contact hours and complete a Course Evaluation Questionnaire in order to receive credit and/or CCEs or CEUs for the course. Students will be asked to indicate presence at the start and close of each class. Make-ups are not possible. We cannot provide CCEs, CEUs or a Certificate of Completion to anyone who does not attend the minimum number of class hours required.
Note Regarding State Boards
Ann-Marie is a CEU Provider through the state of New Mexico. It has been our experience that most state boards accept CEUs from the New Mexico Counseling and Therapy Practice Board. It is up to the individual participant to verify acceptance with their state board.
Course Withdrawal & Refund Policy
• 15 or more days prior to the start of class: Mindfulness Coaching School retains a $100.00 fee for all cancellations.
• 14-8 days prior to the start of class: Mindfulness Coaching School retains a $150.00 fee for all cancellations.
• 7-3 days prior to the start of class: Mindfulness Coaching School retains half of class tuition.
• 2 days or less prior to the start of class: Mindfulness Coaching School retains all of class tuition.
• Optional counseling CEUs are non-refundable and non-transferrable.
A $50.00 fee will be charged if you choose to transfer your registration and payment from one course to another.