What I love about Right Speech
Learn why our facilitator Meg Hess, PCC, D. Min enjoys class!
It’s an exciting time to be alive — a time that requires listening deeply and speaking our truth.
This class is about much more than improving your communication skills. It’s about living and coaching in an environment that cultivates connection, courage, resilience, and kindness. It is about bringing compassion to the internal and external realities of yourself (and your clients).
We will practice transforming conditioned beliefs and behaviors that no longer serve us. As we let go of these outdated beliefs, new ideas and ways of thinking will emerge. Through the lens of coaching, the client is always viewed as being creative, resourceful, and whole. Right Speech encourages the action-oriented language of Positive Psychology to help clients live their fullest potential.
• Discover & experience the importance of mindfulness in communication
• Study & practice the four components of Non-Violent Communication
• Discover & learn how Self-Connection is the foundation of meeting Needs
• Identify & understand the expression of Unmet Needs through the lens of coaching
• Learn how to cultivate and embrace connection, courage, resilience & kindness
• Investigate alienating communication and the ways disconnection happens
• Learn to distinguish cultural & programmed needs from authentic needs
• Investigate & transform enemy images
• Learn the importance of noticing, connecting, and responding with self and others
• Learn how to reframe life stories to enhance, cultivate, and live with strong back & soft belly
• Learn how to apply simple, powerful and effective communication skills with coaching clients
Contact Hours: 12 hours over 8 sessions
Where: Anywhere! Connect via phone or computer.
Purchasing your books through our website will endow a portion of the amount paid to support student scholarships and the growth of our global community. Follow links below or visit our Bookstore to purchase through our Amazon Affiliate account. Thank you for your generosity!
• Co-Active Coaching: New Skills for Coaching People Toward Success – Laura Whitworth
• Nonviolent Communication: A Language of Life – Marshal Rosenberg, PhD.
• Rising Strong: The Reckoning. The Rumble. The Revolution. – Brene Brown, PhD, LMSW
RECOMMENDED TEXTS (Optional)
• Self-Compassion: The Proven Power of Being Kind to Yourself – Kristin Neff
As a core class, Right Speech: Listening Deeply, Speaking Truth is a required course for any level of credentialing or certification through Mindfulness Coaching School. This class is ICF approved for CCEs and is part of our ICF Approved Coaching Training Program (ACTP).