This class is designed to help student coaches, credentialed coaches, psychotherapists, and other professionals explore and utilize mindfulness in their personal and professional lives.
We will share traditional and hybrid meditation, mindfulness, and loving-kindness instruction.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
• Has a mind!
• Has never meditated, used to meditate, or is currently meditating
• Experiences stress
• Is interested in enhancing their coaching intuition, well-being, and world view
• Has clients resembling any of the above
Prior experience with meditation or mindfulness practices is not a prerequisite. However, if you are a seasoned practitioner, bring your Beginner’s Mind!
• Develop techniques to awaken & stabilize your deepest wisdom in the midst of our ever-changing world
• Customize and cultivate your own Meditation and Mindfulness Practices for your Coaching Toolbox
• Learn antidotes to burnout, compassion fatigue, and negative self-talk
• Develop confidence in offering these techniques to clients, while utilizing engaged mindfulness during the coaching session
Contact Hours: 12 hours over 8 sessions
Where: Anywhere! Connect via phone or computer.
ICF Core Competencies/CCEs: 12
The Art of Engaged Mindfulness: Settling The Mind for Intuition to Emerge is required for any level of credentialing or certification through Mindfulness Coaching School. This class is ICF approved for CCEs and is part of our ICF Approved Coaching Training Program (ACTP).
Purchasing your books through our website will endow a portion of the amount paid to support student scholarships and the growth of our global community. Follow links below or visit our Bookstore to purchase through our Amazon Affiliate account. Thank you for your generosity!
• Altered Traits: Science Reveals How Meditation Changes Your Mind, Brain, and Body – by Daniel Goleman and Richard J. Davidson
• The Mind’s Own Physician: A Scientific Dialogue with the Dalai Lama on the Healing Power of Meditation – by Zara Houshmand, Richie Davidson, and John Kabat-Zinn
• Welcoming the Unwelcome – by Pema Chodron
• Mindset: The New Psychology of Success – by Carol Dweck, PhD.
What Students Are Saying
This course [The Art of Engaged Mindfulness] was an invitation to revisit my meditation practice and also to see how I can implement such a key tool with my own clients.
Great introduction to the MCS program. Highly recommend it!
“What is pulling on your sleeve?” was a question presented in [The Art of Engaged Mindfulness]. How often does someone actually ask you that or how often do you stop to really be mindful of what is present in you and pulling at you in the moment? I learned how to really dive into this feeling and capture the present in The Art of Engaged Mindfulness.
In this class, the “engaged” piece of Engaged Mindfulness is just as important as the “mindfulness” piece. I was inspired by this dynamic exploration of the subject of mindfulness, from the evidence-based, scientific arena — where we learn about the measurable, practical benefits to humankind of mindfulness practice — to the deeply personal space — where I clarified and re-engaged my own meditation practice both on the cushion and in how I move through the world
What seemed apparent in the course description [The Art of Engaged Mindfulness] cannot contain the experience of going on this journey with Ann-Marie and a class full of incredible people. Because of this course, I’m a better coach and a wiser human.
Mindfulness appears in many forms these days. In The Art of Engaged Mindfulness Ann-Marie takes us on an exploration of wisdom, understanding and practice, which nurtures the depth of our engagement with this powerful way of living.
I not only enjoyed this course (The Art of Engaged Mindfulness) but have personally benefitted from the techniques and behaviors that were introduced in the class which I in turn introduced in my life. I am a true beneficiary of this program.
All of the courses at the Mindfulness Coaching School take a student deeper into meaningful skills and personal growth. I am not the same person I was when I began this program. As a coach, the school has given me ways to own the skill set needed. As a person, classes like The Art of Engaged Mindfulness deepen my commitment to a lifestyle of awareness and centered gratitude. I am grateful.
I came away from [The Art of Engaged Mindfulness] with the value of a blended learning program (virtual class, partner discussions, superb reading material, mediation approaches/tools, mindfulness practice applications), many classmate connections from around the world, a regular mediation practice, and a sense of a calm and compassionate world.
The Art of Engaged Mindfulness provides a wealth of knowledge, tools and resources, which are directly applicable to coaching individuals or groups!