A Weekend Immersion Retreat
Created and taught in English by Ann-Marie McKelvey, LPCC, MCC
ICF Master Certified Coach and Registered Mentor Coach
Buddhist Chaplain • Psychotherapist • EMDR Consultant
Limited to 14 students.
Based on the writing and teachings of best-selling author Natalie Goldberg.
A Growth Mindset is required to move through resistance and to birth change. Mindful writing through the lens of coaching directly supports the development of Growth Mindset.
“In 2003 I was freshly divorced and ready to reinvent my life. Excitement and curiosity lived in me, yet I was scared because I didn’t have confidence in my next steps. Then, Writing Down the Bones magically appeared on my kitchen table one evening with a note that said ‘Read Me.’ So I did.
A few months later I experienced my first of eight writing retreats with Natalie Goldberg. It was five days. We meditated. We walked. We wrote. Life became spacious again. Thirteen years later I continue working with Natalie and the teachings she so generously gives. I asked for her blessings to develop and teach this class. Her zen bones response; ‘Of course. Go for it! Sounds great!'” ~Ann-Marie McKelvey
• Cultivate a Mindful Writing Practice for yourself and your coaching clients
• Explore the Seven Coaching Attitudes of Mindful Writing
• Embracing your Inner Writing Archetypes with a Growth Mindset
• Learn how to facilitate mindful writing groups and retreats
Purchasing your books through our website will endow a portion of the amount paid to support student scholarships and the growth of our global community. Follow links below or visit our Bookstore to purchase through our Amazon Affiliate account. Thank you for your generosity!
• Writing Down The Bones: Freeing the Writer Within – by Natalie Goldberg
• The Great Spring: Writing, Zen, and This Zigzag Life – by Natalie Goldberg
• Writing as a Path to Awakening – Albert Flynn DeSilver
• Mindset: The New Psychology of Success – by Carol Dweck
• Three fast writing pens
• Three composition books or spiral notebooksDETAILS
Contact Hours: 12 hours over 8 sessions
Where: Anywhere! Connect via phone or computer.
Tuition: $675 OR 2 payments of $347.50
ICF Core Competencies/CCEs: 12
Optional: 12 Counseling CEUs via New Mexico Counseling and Therapy Practice BoardAnd If Natalie Goldberg Were Your Coach… is ICF approved for Core Competency CCEs and is part of our ICF ACTP program. Ann-Marie is a CEU Provider through the State of New Mexico, and offers optional counseling CEUs.
Upcoming Schedule –
ICF CCEs are included with tuition.
Optional Counseling CEUs are non-refundable and non-transferrable.
And If Natalie Goldberg Were Your Coach… is part of the Mindfulness Coaching School curriculum to become a credentialed coach. It is offered one time per year and is limited to 14 students. This class is ICF approved for CCEs and is part of the ICF ACSTH program. Ann-Marie is also a CEU Provider through the State of New Mexico, and offers optional counseling CEUs.
To qualify for CCEs, CEUs and/or Class Credits toward Credentialing
You MUST attend 80% of the required, live class contact hours and complete a Course Evaluation Questionnaire in order to receive credit and/or CCEs or CEUs for the course. Students will be asked to indicate presence at the start and close of each class. Make-ups are not possible. We cannot provide CCEs, CEUs or a Certificate of Completion to anyone who does not attend the minimum number of class hours required.
Note Regarding State Boards
Ann-Marie is a CEU Provider through the state of New Mexico. It has been our experience that most state boards accept CEUs from the New Mexico Counseling and Therapy Practice Board. It is up to the individual participant to verify acceptance with their state board.
Course Withdrawal & Refund Policy
• 15 or more days prior to the start of class: Mindfulness Coaching School retains a $100.00 fee for all cancellations.
• 14-8 days prior to the start of class: Mindfulness Coaching School retains a $150.00 fee for all cancellations.
• 7-3 days prior to the start of class: Mindfulness Coaching School retains half of class tuition paid.
• 2 days or less prior to the start of class: Mindfulness Coaching School retains all tuition paid.
• Optional counseling CEUs are non-refundable and non-transferrable.