Obesity has reached epidemic proportions in America. It contributes to chronic diseases such as diabetes, heart disease, hypertension and cancer. So many of us have struggled to lose weight. We’ve had that experience of “dieting” which basically means a few days of deprivation followed by falling back into old patterns of thinking and eating. Most of us who have been through this cycle KNOW there’s more to losing weight than calories in calories out!
Weight Loss Through Mindful Coaching teaches wholistic skills, practices, and techniques that are useful for coaching effective weight loss. As always, the material presented asks coaches to first embody the teachings in their own lives before assisting their clients in doing the same. This class utilizes and expounds upon the teachings of mindfulness as they relate to integrative lifestyle changes.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Weight Loss Through Mindful Coaching is for those who wish to approach weight loss from a holistic perspective; for themselves and their clients. Not only do they want to learn information and techniques that help with weight loss, but also how to change thinking and emotional patterns of behavior that result in dysfunctional relationships with food.
• Why mindfulness is critical for permanent weight loss.
• Explore the role of nourishment and nutrition in weight management.
• Examine the emotional and spiritual nature of eating.
• Describe the role stress plays in overeating and develop tools for stress management.
Purchasing your books through our website will endow a portion of the amount paid to support student scholarships and the growth of our global community. Follow links below or visit our Bookstore to purchase through our Amazon Affiliate account. Thank you for your generosity!
• Mindful Eating: Mindful Life, How to Change the Habits That Sabotage Your Life by Mary Ann Wallace (Iyer), MD
• Life is Your Best Medicine by Tieraona LowDog (Although written for women, this book contains a lot of great basic information about caring for our bodies.)
• Transforming Stress: The Heart Math Solution for Relieving Fatigue, Worry, and Tension by Lew Childre (Recommended)
Where: Anywhere! Connect via phone or computer.
Tuition: $675 OR 2 payments of $347.50
ICF Core Competencies/CCEs: 12 (pending)
*This class is pending ICF approval.
Upcoming Schedule –
Dates: Wednesdays, January 10 – February 28
Time: 4:00 – 5:30pm Mountain Time – See your time zone
ICF CCEs are included with tuition.
Optional Counseling CEUs are non-refundable and non-transferrable.
To qualify for CCEs, CEUs and/or Class Credits toward Credentialing
You MUST attend 80% of the required, live class contact hours and complete a Course Evaluation Questionnaire in order to receive credit and/or CCEs or CEUs for the course. Students will be asked to indicate presence at the start and close of each class. Make-ups are not possible. We cannot provide CCEs, CEUs or a Certificate of Completion to anyone who does not attend the minimum number of class hours required.
Note Regarding State Boards
Ann-Marie is a CEU Provider through the state of New Mexico. It has been our experience that most state boards accept CEUs from the New Mexico Counseling and Therapy Practice Board. It is up to the individual participant to verify acceptance with their state board.
Course Withdrawal & Refund Policy
• 15 or more days prior to the start of class: Mindfulness Coaching School retains a $100.00 fee for all cancellations.
• 14-8 days prior to the start of class: Mindfulness Coaching School retains a $150.00 fee for all cancellations.
• 7-3 days prior to the start of class: Mindfulness Coaching School retains half of class tuition.
• 2 days or less prior to the start of class: Mindfulness Coaching School retains all of class tuition.
• Optional counseling CEUs are non-refundable and non-transferrable.