Created by Ann-Marie McKelvey, LPCC, MCC
ICF Master Certified Coach and Registered Mentor Coach
Buddhist Chaplain • Psychotherapist • EMDR Consultant
Taught in English by Kelly Gupta, MD Psychiatrist, ACC
and Ann-Marie McKelvey, LPCC, MCC
What is alive in you?
What is your personal definition of wellness?
What will it take for you to live in wellness?
How will you know when you are there?
This class has been developed for coaches to create & live a personalized wellness lifestyle, while launching and/or developing their wellness coaching business. We will delve into the necessity of fun, connectedness, meaning, and contribution as they pertain to wellness, mindfulness, ICF Core Competencies, and Positive Psychology. Wellness coaching demonstrations and discussions are held throughout. This two-part series (along with Becoming A Mindfulness, Wellness & Somatic Coach: You and Your Clients) is experiential through shared conversations and explorations in class, as well as with practice partners outside of class.
Assessments will be used to track individual progress while supporting each other through weekly coaching practice. This investigative curriculum is viewed through the holistic model of integrating the emotional, spiritual, social, intellectual, and physical realms.
We’ll examine leading-edge research from top neuroscientists, physicians, psychologists and psychiatrists: Richard Davidson, PhD • Matthieu Ricard, PhD • B. Allan Wallace, PhD • Daniel Seigel, M.D. • James Austin, M.D. • Neil Theise, M.D.
We will also reflect on the works of: James Prochaska, PhD • Pema Chodron • Daniel Goldman, PhD • Deepak Chopra, M.D. • Jon Kabat-Zinn, PhD • Andrew Weil, M.D. • Joseph Goldstein • Theodore Roszak • Sharon Salzberg • Evan Thompson, PhD • John Dunn, PhD
• Learn how to be a Wellness Coach!
• Develop a skill set to eliminate overwhelm and exhaustion from your vocabulary, while increasing Positive Psychology processes in your life
• Become adept utilizing Non-Violent Communication in identifying & expressing needs through the ICF Core Competencies
• Create & practice wellness strategies based on assessments
• Learn to view self and clients as portable laboratories for inquiry-driven discoveries and new wellness paradigms
• Develop deep partnership & increased awareness with client in the wellness process
• In-depth exploration of neuroscientific research on mindfulness, meditation, positive psychology & social connections
• Develop an understanding of systems theory and its importance to wellness and eco-psychology
• Learn how to s-l-o-w down, self-connect & incorporate changes necessary to enjoy the good life for self and clients
• Become a model of wellness committed to continued self-exploration and self-development
Purchasing your books through our website will endow a portion of the amount paid to support student scholarships and the growth of our global community. Follow links below or visit our Bookstore to purchase through our Amazon Affiliate account. Thank you for your generosity!
• Wellness Coaching for Lasting Lifestyle Change by Michael Arloski
• Taking the Leap: Freeing Ourselves from Old Habits and Fears by Pema Chodron
• The Willpower Instinct: How Self-Control Works, Why It Matters, and What You Can Do to Get More of It by Kelly McGonigal, Ph.D.
• __________________________ by ________________
(You choose the book!)
Contact Hours: 12 hours over 8 sessions
Where: Anywhere! Connect via phone or computer.
Tuition: $675 OR 2 payments of $347.50
ICF Core Competencies/CCEs: 12
Optional: 12 EMDRIA CEUs and/or Counseling CEUs via New Mexico Counseling and Therapy Practice Board
Dates: Mondays, January 8 – February 26, 2018
Time: 9:00 – 10:30am Mountain Time — See your time zone
Optional Practice Group: TBA
Becoming a Mindfulness, Wellness & Somatic Coach: You at Your Best is part of the Mindfulness Coaching School curriculum to become credentialed as a Mindfulness,Wellness & Somatic Coach. It is offered two times per year and is limited to 12 students. This class is ICF approved for CCEs and is part of the ICF ACSTH program. Ann-Marie is also a CEU Provider through the State of New Mexico, and offers optional counseling CEUs.
ICF CCEs are included with tuition.
Optional Counseling CEUs are non-refundable and non-transferrable.
To qualify for CCEs, CEUs and/or Class Credits toward Credentialing
You MUST attend 80% of the required, live class contact hours and complete a Course Evaluation Questionnaire in order to receive credit and/or CCEs or CEUs for the course. Students will be asked to indicate presence at the start and close of each class. Make-ups are not possible. We cannot provide CCEs, CEUs or a Certificate of Completion to anyone who does not attend the minimum number of class hours required.
Note Regarding State Boards
Ann-Marie is a CEU Provider through the state of New Mexico. It has been our experience that most state boards accept CEUs from the New Mexico Counseling and Therapy Practice Board. It is up to the individual participant to verify acceptance with their state board.
Course Withdrawal & Refund Policy
• 15 or more days prior to the start of class: Mindfulness Coaching School retains a $100.00 fee for all cancellations.
• 14-8 days prior to the start of class: Mindfulness Coaching School retains a $150.00 fee for all cancellations.
• 7-3 days prior to the start of class: Mindfulness Coaching School retains half of class tuition.
• 2 days or less prior to the start of class: Mindfulness Coaching School retains all of class tuition.
• Optional counseling CEUs are non-refundable and non-transferrable.